Work experience of at least a year in the Civil Service, as well as a recommendation and sponsorship from the Regional Government or Federal Government employer.
Students must fulfill the following requirements specific to the institute or department to which they are applying:
- Completion of senior secondary school education
- Contractual agreement to serve the employer after graduation for 7 years
- Successful achievement in the qualifying entrance examinations.
- Cost sharing dependent on salary scale.
The Entrance Examination
The University administers an entrance examination on behalf of the institutes and Centers. Short course students are not required to take an entrance examination.
The examination is administered by the entrance examination coordination office of the Academic Vice President. The University registrar announces the list of names of successful candidates to the federal and Regional Government Departments.
The examination can be taken throughout the country in regional department. It is tailored to each specific Institute or Department of the University according to their individual requirements.
Registration of students takes place at the University campus before the beginning of each term. The registration schedule shall be announced by the office or the Registrar’s. There is usually late registration after the regular registration period. Late registration incurs a penalty. Students should observe the following registration rules and procedures:
- Registration is in person
- A students must normally register for a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 credit hours unless one gets special dispensation
- A student must pass the pre-requisite before he/she registers for an advanced course
- During registration, students are given three copies of registration slips to be completed and signed in consultation with the institute or department advisor. The first copy shall be deposited in the office of the registrar’s the second in the institute or department, and the third shall be kept by the student. Students are also given class admission slip for each course to be completed and signed in consultation with the advisor and submitted to the concerned instructor.
- All coursed have course titles and course numbers.
Registration is complete when the "REGISTERED" stamp is placed on the registration slip.